Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Capitol


This last week I went to a Conference in Sacramento on the importance of parent involvement in our Schools. My dear friend MacKenzie (who is going to college at Sac State) came and picked me up after a long day of workshops and took me to see the Capitol Building at night. It was so beautiful and majestic. I am hoping we can take a road trip this summer so the boys can see it.
The Conference was very eye-opening! Even though we all know that we need to make education a priority in our homes, the studies are staggering regarding parents who are actively involved with the schools...especially Daddies! So...go volunteer at your kids school. Read to the kids...let your child know that you are there because you care about them and about all the kids. Trust me, your kids will be smarter and more compassionate.


No comments: