Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Spirit of Christmas ~ Work Party

Yesterday we had our Even Start Holiday party for the families at my school. Most of you know that I love my job, I get to work with the most amazing families. Two organizations volunteered to help with our event this year (The Gate Church and So Cal Connected Parents Group) as we basically have NO BUDGET! They brought gifts...tons of gifts, cookies and milk, games and crafts, a storyteller, a musician, and SANTA!! A HUGE THANK YOU to all the people who gave so freely their time, talents, and money. It was fantastic and we absolutely could not have done it without you. Here are a few pictures I'd like to share. My husband took about 70 pictures before my camera ran out of memory. This is what Chrismas is all about... This guy was an awesome storyteller...I mean it...terrific!!
Pastor David Habib Bardowell sang a Christmas concert...he is awesome!!
This lady and her daughter donated many gifts to the children. She sat and read the book to one of "my kids."
These ladies (and MANY more ladies and gentlemen) helped us run our activity stations. The kids had a blast.
Here's me with some of "my kids." Did I mention that I love this job??
This is my reward...does it get any better??
Santa was so great...we hope he'll come again next year!!
Hugs for Ms. Dana...seriously, does it get any better??
Part of the crowd. There were a lot of people there. Singing...playing...eating cookies...talking to Santa...making crafts...
A few of my helpers...aren't they cute??
God Bless you all this Christmas season, remember to slow down, kiss your family, and enjoy this beautiful time of year.

No comments: