Sunday, August 23, 2009

Washy Washy...



My washer and dryer finally died. After 16 good years of service, they finally could not be repaired anymore. I got to know the appliance repairman and his kid. He had repaired the dryer 4 times in the past year and a half. The washer was leaking and he couldn't find the problem. I am so practical (some would say "cheap") that I did not want to spend money on new appliances. Finally, after a $600 electric bill and 4 hours of drying a load of towels...and they were still wet...we bought new ones! Aren't they beautiful? You know I live a dull boring life when a new washer and dryer make me so happy!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing you have a "baby cycle" those grandkids are just around the corner - hehe!

Kelly

Grammy said...

Well, yesterday I stopped by the house to visit with Molly and take her to my house as the Groff's are on a mini-vacation. I saw there was a load of laundry that needed to be done so being the nice Mother that I am, I loaded them in the brand new washer -- only thing is, I couldn't figure out how to turn the dang thing on -- too high-tech for me. After several frustrating minutes, I unloaded it and took them to my house. Oh well, guess I need a lesson.

Love, G