Tuesday, April 20, 2010

How to Easily Make Hamburger Patties...Delicious!!

I LOVE me a good hamburger...especially grilled with Swiss Cheese and Avocado on a Wheat Bun!! I prefer to use fresh ground beef instead of the pre-formed patties, but it is a pain in the butt to get the patties formed so that they are uniform in size and they don't fall apart. Many years ago, I bought a hamburger patty maker from Tupperware! It works SO great...I don't know why anyone who NOT use it!? I know that is not proper English...whatever!
You just section off your hamburger meat. I usually buy about 4 pounds and section it into 12 pieces, so each patty is close to 1/3 pound. Put the handful of meat in the bottom of the Tupperware thingy.
Top it with the handle press. Press and turn at the same time for about 3 seconds...literally!
Lift the handle and...Wa La...perfectly shaped burgers!! It does not get easier that that!
Keep going to use up all the meat. I always make at least twice as many as we will eat and freeze them. It's a good snack/lunch/dinner on a busy day. Especially during baseball season when we don't get home until late, and many days have 2 games in one day. WAY better than fast food, and ready in minutes.
All of these patties took me maybe 5-10 minutes to make. Buy a Tupperware hamburger maker, it is not a gimic, I use mine regularly.
Okay, I must go now...and eat a burger!

No comments: